Self Employed

If you’re looking for an accountant for self-employed work, Perrigo Consultants provides personalised accounting and tax support services to ensure that your business succeeds.

Accountant for the Self-Employed

As a self-employed person, as well as all the other things you do, you need to stay on top of your tax and national insurance payments. In the worst case scenario, if you file your tax returns late, or if you submit incorrect information, you could be liable to pay significant fines. Hiring an accountant could save you time and worry, and in the right circumstances, it could save you money as you make sure you are paying the right amount of tax. Ideally, you’ll find someone who has experience of working with self-employed individuals, freelancers and sole traders, and who will be aware that you need a cost-effective plan to keep your accounts on track.

The accountant could be employed to provide you with assistance on a one-off basis with self-assessment tax returns, and offer advice on deductible expenses. Or you could hire an accountant to provide year-round accounting and book keeping services, and access to the latest financial software. While some online tax services may attempt a ‘one-size-fits-all’ solution, a bespoke service will look at ways to reduce your tax burden, help you work more efficiently and develop your business in the long term. For instance, he or she could help you to reclaim the running costs incurred by working from home. If you work directly with a Chartered Certified Accountant you will benefit from their experience in all areas – such as budgeting, pensions, VAT registration, and what kind of structure will most suit your business – and he or she will be on hand to speak to as often as you need. As a further incentive, you can claim the cost of the accountant’s fees as a deduction on your tax return!

At Perrigo Consultants we have experience of working with self-employed people in many different fields and industries, with in-depth knowledge of the business environment in the West Midlands. We will speak to you in jargon free-language and be flexible in the ways we communicate with you. We offer a fixed-fee service that will spare you from any nasty surprises. All agreed work will be detailed in a full engagement letter. We can even help you to change accountants, and deal with the HMRC directly on your behalf. If you’re you’re asking yourself, ‘do I need an accountant for self-employed work?’, all you need to do is to get in touch to arrange a free, entirely no-obligation consultation.

‘I’m Self-Employed. Do I need an Accountant?’

As chartered accountants, we can help with all aspects of self-employed accounting services and tax support. If you’re looking for a property accountant or a tax adviser, we will be pleased to help. We are also able to assist if you are buying a business or selling a business, if you work with contractors, are a landlord or looking for insurance against tax investigation. We provide a flexible approach and we tailor our service to your company, whether you want to meet in person at a location of your choice, chat over the phone or email, or call through Skype. Whenever possible, work will be undertaken under a fixed fee arrangement to give you certainty and clarity. We have the aim to make you savings in the long run, by helping you introduce new working practices that will retrieve the costs of hiring an accountant.

We offer an opportunity to your company whereby we review your current situation and provide advice on how you could benefit from our expertise.

Looking for an accountant or tax advisor for self-employed individuals? Call 01299 488860 for a free, no obligation consultation today.