Industry News - 31st January 2024
With 1.2 million people a month already using the HMRC app to access essential tax, employment and National Insurance information, the tax authority is encouraging taxpayers to download the app, go online and save time. The latest version of the free app includes some updated functionality to enable you to update your name, save your National Insurance number to your digital wallet and to obtain help from HMRC’s digital assistant.
The app provides you with secure access to your personal tax information, including:
• your tax code and National Insurance number
• your income and benefits
• your income from work in the previous 5 years
• how much you will receive in tax credits and when they will be paid
• your Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) self-assessment
• how much self-assessment tax you owe
• your Child Benefit
• your State Pension.
You can also use the app to complete a range of tasks, such as:
• get an estimate of the tax you need to pay
• make a self-assessment payment
• set a reminder to make a self-assessment payment
• report tax credits changes and complete your renewal
• access your Help to Save account
• using HMRC’s tax calculator to work out your take home pay after Income Tax and National Insurance deductions
• track forms and letters you have sent to HMRC
• claim a refund if you have paid too much tax
• update your name and/or postal address
• save your National Insurance number to your digital wallet
• choose to be contacted by HMRC electronically, instead of by letter.
HMRC’s free tax app is available to download from the App Store for iOS and from the Google Play Store for Android.For all your tax and accounting needs, please get in touch.
More information on the HMRC app can be found on GOV.UK.