Industry News - 25th January 2023
HMRC has revealed that almost 65,000 taxpayers have used the HMRC app to make Self-Assessment tax payments since April 2022.
In December alone, 14,170 taxpayers paid via the app, which is the highest number of payments on the app in one month, since its launch in February 2022.
With the Self-Assessment deadline for 2021 to 2022 fast approaching on 31 January, HMRC is urging customers not to delay in completing their tax return and paying any tax owed by this date.
Myrtle Lloyd, HMRC’s Director General for Customer Services, said:
“We want to help Self Assessment customers meet their obligations and HMRC offers a range of options to help customers pay their tax return bill. To choose the option that suits them, customers can search ‘pay my Self Assessment’ on GOV.UK to find out more.”
The app can also be used to complete a number of other tasks, that include:
• to renew and report changes to your tax credits
• to access your Help to Save account
• to use HMRC’s tax calculator to work out your take home pay after Income Tax and National Insurance deductions
• to track forms and letters you’ve sent to HMRC
• to claim a refund if you’ve paid too much tax
• to update your postal address.
Internet link:HMRC press release